
"Sápmi 薩米"
在北歐是個單一民族的國家, 有自己的國旗和國歌, 是 Sámi 薩米人的文化故鄉, 亦是歐洲大陸唯一得到認可的土著民族; Sápmi 薩米語以及傳統的馴鹿放牧而聞名於世。
"Sápmi 薩米" 沒有政治邊界, 但地域廣闊, 橫跨 Norway 挪威, Sweden 瑞典, Finland 芬蘭與 Russia 俄羅斯以北的 Kola Peninsula 科拉半島。自1809年開始由這四個國家瓜分, 在地理和歷史上被稱為 "Lapland", 而 Sámi 薩米人普遍認為這是一個具有貶義的名稱。
"Sámi Soga Lávlla" (Sápmi) - "The Song of the Sámi Family"
National Anthem of The Sami People (Northern Sami)
Video Link https://youtu.be/bwSERyFgWSs
"Sámi 薩米人" 源於其深厚的文化根基, 獨特的語言體系與及可追溯至史前時期的共同血統。其傳統文化當中, Noaidi (Noaiddi) 是他們所稱 Shaman 的修行者, 實在是一個巫師, 能夠與靈界接觸, 可占卜未來, 以冥想給人思想的療癒, 維持與平衡族群在宇宙與塵世之間的精神, 確保族群的福祉。
Jacob Fellman (1793–1875)
Finland 芬蘭的牧師, 1819年被任命到 Finland 芬蘭最北端的 (Lapland) Sápmi 教區, 在 Utsjoki 小村履行神職, 以 Sámi 薩米族的語言傳道至1832年。這個村莊並無任何道路可達, 即使前去最近芬蘭的城鎮也需要五天的路程; 在這樣的地理環境下, 居於 Utsjoki 這個小村的 Sámi 薩米人, 生活物資成了問題。Shaman 巫師為族群發聲, 抱怨在這片被殖民的土地, 食物匱乏, 人們難有温飽的日子; 但是, 卻被 Jacob Fellman 牧師不經意地回答「在這裡沒有人可以擁有任何物資, 甚至在他們脚下站着的一小片土地亦不可能! 」

最終, 两人的對話成了口舌之爭, Shaman 巫師嘲笑入侵者對當地的習俗無知與及欠缺尊重, 最後他反向 Jacob Fellman 牧師發出嚴厲的警告「在這裡我仍然有權力把你趕走! 」
自此之後, 在 Lapland 有一首民謠在傳唱, 指入侵者尤如盗賊。 Sápmi 被瓜分後, Sámi 薩米人是個沒有自己國籍的民族, 其國藉衹依據他們以前原居的地域, 分別在 Norway 挪威, Sweden 瑞典, Finland 芬蘭和 Russia 俄羅斯。他們分佈在這四個國家的北部, 廣闊的地理與文化, 經過幾個世紀的同化之後, Sápmi 薩米語被認為會瀕臨滅絕, 他們的文化大部分已經遺失, 破壞甚至被遺忘。
"Suola ja noaidi" - The Shaman and the Thief
1832年, Jacob Fellman 完成神職之後, 留在 Lapland 當地繼續以寫作和繪畫, 記錄了他在 Finland 芬蘭和 Norway 挪威北部的旅行和經歴, 對當地的動物和宗教傳統等一切事物都產生了濃厚的興趣, 至1875年去世。一本有關他在 Lapland 教區的回憶錄 "Anteckningar under min vistelse i Lappmarken" (Notes and Observations Taken During my Stay in Lapland), 1844年在芬蘭出版面世, 長達两千五百多頁, 以瑞典語寫成, 這是當時芬蘭的官方語言, Jacob Fellman 亦能讀寫北部的 Sámi 薩米語, 是當時在 Lapland 地區廣泛使用的方言, 如今已完全消失。回憶錄涵蓋了民間的傳說, 神話, 歷史, 語言, 植物學和文件; 當中記載了一首被 Sámi 薩米人傳唱, 以二人對話的民謠歌曲 "Suola ja noaiddi", 意譯 "The Thief and the Shaman" (Thief 所指是殖民入侵者)。
Suola - Thief
Ibmilam lä täl vägašämin. God is now protecting me
Mon läm valldam idnam šattuit, I have taken the fruits of the earth,
Räsit, mürjit čoággam lim, Gathered grass and berries,
Muorait, kedkit adnam läm; Used the wood and the stones;
Im läk valldam orruōmit, I have not taken what is not mine
Adnam sattuit ain lãm valldam. Only taken the fruits of the earth.
Olmus vägi mu lusa, A man walk up to me,
Celki mu suolan lämin. And called me a thief.
Noaiddi - Shaman
Ik ton touta adnam ligi, Do you not know the law of the earth,
Ikkos tiedi mu lamin. Do you not know who I am?
Kāča šattuit ja valtti vāra, Look at the plants and take heed,
Vulitti muorain märkait, Notice the signs on the trees,
Rāsit maita kača nubpi lakkai. And look at the grass in a different way.
"Suola ja noaidi"
傳統 Sámi yoik 薩米語的吟唱歌曲, 並沒有被殖民政府下禁制令, 而是通過教會和當局對 Sámi 薩米文化以系統性壓制, 令這民謠漸漸不再傳唱下去。"Suola ja noaidi" 由 Jacob Fellman 用瑞典語文記載下來; 2016年, Norway 挪威歌手 Pål Moddi Knutsen 將歌詞譯成英文, 譜上音樂, 取名 "The Shaman and the Thief", 收錄在他的 "UNSONGS" 專輯 Track B2. 列為 "Banned Song 禁歌", 將一首鮮為人知的作品 "Suola ja noaiddi", 從北歐帶進世界樂壇, 突顯了一些本土文化和歷史受壓制之後, 更需要讓人們認識。原曲是 "Noaiddi Shaman 巫師" 與 "Jacob Fellman 牧師" 两人的對唱, 英語版本由 Pål Moddi Knutsen 分別以两個角色演繹。
"UNSONGS" Album - Track B2 "The Shaman and the Thief" Pål Moddi 2016
Music and Lyrics : Pål Moddi
Video Link https://youtu.be/9CdOaUpXT0E
Jacob Fellman 牧師 - Thief
Frost in the air. Northern lights brought me here.
And where I walk, God walks with me.
I only eat what the earth has offered me.
And no one owns the berries or leaves.
Now you're in my house, and you call me a thief?
Noaidi Shaman 巫師
You don't understand
What it means to be of this land.
You have to learn how to read marks on the trees,
For the laws that you know, they don't apply here.
Jacob Fellman 牧師 - Thief
Such mighty words!
Are you God? I hadn't heard.
Are you the one who made the wind blow?
Now you must be great! A creation that can create?
The grass isn't yours, and you don't make it grow.
You are a sham.
Noaidi Shaman 巫師
Don't you know who I am?
I do not fold my hands.
I'll never pray to what you call God.
All that I need.
Are ways to feed your greed; is earth beneath my feet,
To have it all, to have it all.
Jacob Fellman 牧師 - Thief
Shaman, you're a fraud!
So leave and leave me be, I'll drive you away.
So leave and leave me be, I'll drive you away.
So leave and leave me be, I'll drive you away.
Jacob Fellman 牧師 - Thief
Shaman, old fool.
Times change and so shall you.
They will burn your house down and spit at your name.
Noaidi Shaman 巫師
But thief beware,
My song will linger here,
And in time you will be sorry you came.
Jacob Fellman 牧師 - Thief
My friend, save your breath.
You're chanting in vain.
So leave and leave me be,
So leave and leave me be,
So leave and leave me be, I'll drive you away.
NEXT .... "UNSONGS" The Project - Track B3